I am still alive, have been busy busy busy enjoying a REAL summer here in New England. It’s been perfectly hot and humid here – just like summer’s should be. Can’t believe I haven’t posted since early June! Wowzers! Since then, we have done a LOT.
- traveled to Flagstaff to see my brother, sister-in-law and my lil’ niece Lucy
- while there, fell absolutely in love with my niece, enjoyed the great company of my bro and sister (in-law), visited the Grand Canyon, hiked a 14 mile point-to-point at elevation (high point, 12,000′), logged 50 miles of mountain biking, drank too much good beer, camped in the shadow of Humphrey’s, sat around a campfire, ate amazing food, relaxed
- Upon our return, we organized and accomplished a 20 mile Presidential Traverse, which consisted of 10 peaks, 8 4,o00’ers and 12 hours of above treeline views and terrain.
- My garden is now producing: cucumbers, potatoes, basil, thyme. Tomatoes are green, peppers are tiny, and eggplant is just starting, but they’re coming!
- Raced my first Sprint tri of the season, 10th overall for women, 2nd best women’s bike time for the day!
- Worked on & finished lots of projects!
- My friend Becky FINALLY had her baby, Phoebe!
So yeah, I’ve been busy. Here are a few pictures of what’s been underway, enjoy!